26th Annual Bug Day – Tuesday October 18, 2022
2022 Bug Day Schedule and Abstracts (PDF)
Bug Day 2022 – View all sessions
If you are interested in the prevention and control of communicable diseases, as well as health issues in the community or healthcare setting, then Bug Day is for you! Nationally and internationally recognized experts will present timely, significant topics in infectious diseases and public health.
Bug Day is Manitoba’s largest healthcare education event. It’s FREE, accredited, and you’re invited! #HSCBugDay is hosted by HSC Winnipeg in collaboration with the University of Manitoba’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Medicine Program and held every year during National Infection Prevention & Control Week.
Bug Day is streamed online through YouTube. There is no charge, but you must register to attend the live sessions.
Support Bug Day!
You can make a donation directly to the HSC Foundation Bug Day fund. Click here to visit the donation page. This donation page will automatically generate a confirmation email and a tax receipt.
- To promote infection prevention and control principles and practices
- To promote hand hygiene awareness and safe health practices for the prevention of infection
- To identify emerging and existing pathogens, at-risk populations and situations relevant to the transmission of infection and how we can modify these conditions
- This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
- This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 7.0 Mainpro+ credits.
- This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 7.0 hours.
- Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
- The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba recognizes learning activities that have been accredited by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (MOC) and/or The College of Family Physicians of Canada (Mainpro+).
- Pharmacists can claim continuing medical education programs as accredited learning by selecting the appropriate accrediting body in the member’s online Professional Development Log. This event contact time (learning) is equivalent to 7 CEU.
- The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
In keeping with accreditation guidelines, speakers participating in this event are required to disclose to the audience any involvement with industry or other organizations that may potentially influence the presentation of the educational material.
This event will be recorded and available for future viewing on YouTube. Note: This recording is eligible for non-certified Mainpro+ credits and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Section 2: Self-Learning credits. These are self-reporting through the respective Colleges.
Your comments and suggestions are important to us and assist with planning for future events.
Note: Evaluations are anonymous. Private information and data are not collected.
This event will be recorded and available for future viewing on YouTube.
25th Annual Bug Day – 2021