25th Annual Bug Day – October 19, 2021
Bug Day will be streamed online (YouTube and MBTelehealth). There is no charge, but you must be registered to attend on October 19. This event will be recorded and available for future viewing on YouTube. Note: This recording is eligible for non-certified Mainpro+ credits and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Section 2: Self-Learning credits. These are self-reporting through the respective Colleges.
The live presentations at the 25th Annual Bug Day on October 19 were recorded and are now available online. View all sessions here (YouTube)
Bug Day is Manitoba’s largest healthcare education event. It’s FREE, accredited, and you’re invited! Bug Day is hosted by HSC Winnipeg in collaboration with the University of Manitoba’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Medicine Program. Bug Day is held every year during National Infection Prevention & Control Week.
If you are interested in the prevention and control of communicable diseases, as well as health issues in the community or healthcare setting, then Bug Day is for you!
- To promote infection prevention and control principles and practices
- To promote hand hygiene awareness and safe health practices for the prevention of infection
- To identify emerging and existing pathogens, at-risk populations and situations relevant to the transmission of infection and how we can modify these conditions
In keeping with accreditation guidelines, speakers participating in this event are required to disclose to the audience any involvement with industry or other organizations that may potentially influence the presentation of the educational material.
Support Bug Day!
You can make a donation directly to the HSC Foundation Bug Day fund. Click here to visit the donation page. This donation page will automatically generate a confirmation email and a tax receipt.
- This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
- This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 7.0 Mainpro+ credits.
- This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 7.0 hours.
- Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
- The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba recognizes learning activities that have been accredited by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (MOC) and/or The College of Family Physicians of Canada (Mainpro+).
- Pharmacists can claim continuing medical education programs as accredited learning by selecting the appropriate accrediting body in the member’s online Professional Development Log. This event contact time (learning) is equivalent to 7 CEU.
- The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME).
Your comments and suggestions are important to us and assist with planning for future events.
Note: Evaluations are anonymous. Private information and data are not collected.